Content Specialist (Status: Open)
We’re looking for someone to fill a content writing role in our agency.
Right now we have about 4-6 pieces we want to get written and off to clients within the next 2 weeks and we expect a steady pace of this or more on a monthly basis
- Analyze clients website and industries and understand what content is important in them.
- Take short briefs and turn them into well-written content in reasonable timeframe.
- Quickly research and reference external sources for content that supports your opinion
- Suggest content articles and formats for clients and external sites that fit the clients industry.
- Meet monthly content targets.
- Work together with our Outreach Specialists to plan and deliver content
- Work with our internal prospecting team to find great candidates for outreach and collaboration opportunities.
- Support and give feedback to your peers
- Track your hours when you work on clients accurately
- Invoice monthly as a consultant (not employee).
- English is your first language
- You have experience writing content for a blog, publication or agency.
- You can demonstrate your writing skill in an interview if needed
- You have the ability to tell stories and combine a narrative for clients and for prospects
- You have managed multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with success
- You’re eager to learn and grow in the role and this job fits with your long term plans
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience using tools like Grammarly and Google Docs
Who We Are
We are a motivated team of marketers spread out across 5 countries (and counting) Our clients are SaaS businesses and our obsession is creating hockey-stick growth for them in search.
For us, that means being creative, thinking like part of their team and always seeking and increasing leverage points to gain better results.
Our core values
- We are advocates for client success – We are not yes men, we are experts. Experts have opinions and are expected to share them openly and honestly with each other and with clients.
- Extreme Ownership – we practice extreme ownership. Leaders take responsibility for themselves and for the teams results. At Singularity, everyone is a leader and everyone takes responsibility for themselves and for the team. No one person is bigger than the whole.
- Ask Questions – We don’t stay silent here, we ask questions of our clients, of each other and, of our industry. Better questions lead to better results for everyone.
- Be A Person – We are people not robots. Its ok to be who you are at work. Its ok to joke and have fun and we encourage everyone to develop friendly professional relationships with clients and each other. “Being Professional” doesn’t mean being made of stone.
How We Work
- We set our own hours
- We communicate internally and externally to clients through Slack and Video
- We have weekly all-hands meetings to keep each other accountable
- We make ourselves available to each other when needed.
- We use tools like: ahrefs, semrush, screaming frog, buzzstream
What we don’t do
- We don’t micromanage so being confident in asking questions and being a self-starter is vital.
- We don’t clock-watch. You set your hours but, if you say youre going to do something or be somewhere, we expect you stick to your word.
- We don’t deliver half-done work.
- We don’t point blame if things go wrong.
- We don’t wait for things to go right, we make it happen.
What we offer
- Freedom to work from anywhere
- 10 days off over Christmas (Dec 24th to Jan 3rd – minimum)
- Birthdays off
- Access to multiple online trainings
- Option for full-time work in the next 3 months.
You should NOT apply if;
- You have not written content before
- You are looking for a slower paced environment
- You are not fluent in reading and speaking English
- You like to be told what to do and have a set schedule. In SaaS marketing things can change fast and sometimes a routine isn’t possible.
- You dont like to learn new things or read and learn for professional or personal development.
- You are not comfortable working as a consultant (instead of an employee)