Content Editor (Status: Open)
We are looking for a contract editor for our agency. We are increasingly producing more and more content and need a savvy flexible editor to help us be one of the few SEO agencies that produce content that doesnt suck!
We’re looking for remote editor with experience creating content for B2B and B2C clients that has 1-2 days per week available for the next few months.
- $30 p/h
- 1-3 days p/w (with room for more)
- Contractor position
You will be responsible for technical editing and proofreading each piece of content and make the final edits on the articles we publish each week and coordinate with our writers to get edits done and articles shipped on time.
We are lucky to be based all around the globe with team members in Brazil, Canada, USA and UK. We are currently working with a talented team of writers, editors, and SEOs to deliver fantastic results to our clients, and we’ve made an impact by working on projects with industry leaders and startups that have raised millions from top US venture capital firms.
- Edit engaging content for a variety of different clients
- Make intuitive and data-driven decisions to leverage content and achieve client goals
- Stay on trend with new insights for techniques to share and enhance best practices
- Give writers feedback on existing content and how to improve
- Meet with your writers 1:1 and attend group team meetings
- Quickly research and reference external sources for content that supports the opinion
- Meet monthly targets.
- Track your hours when you work on clients accurately
- Invoice monthly as a consultant (not employee).
- English is your first language
- You have experience writing and editing content for a blog, publication or agency.
- You can demonstrate your writing and editing skill in an interview if needed
- You have the ability to tell stories and combine a narrative for clients and for prospects
- You have managed multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with success
- You’re eager to learn and grow in the role and this job fits with your long term plans
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience using tools like Grammarly and Google Docs
Who We Are
We are a motivated team of marketers spread out across 5 countries (and counting) Our clients are SaaS businesses and our obsession is creating hockey-stick growth for them in search.
For us, that means being creative, thinking like part of their team and always seeking and increasing leverage points to gain better results.
Our core values
- We are advocates for client success – We are not yes men, we are experts. Experts have opinions and are expected to share them openly and honestly with each other and with clients.
- Extreme Ownership – we practice extreme ownership. Leaders take responsibility for themselves and for the teams results. At Singularity, everyone is a leader and everyone takes responsibility for themselves and for the team. No one person is bigger than the whole.
- Ask Questions – We don’t stay silent here, we ask questions of our clients, of each other and, of our industry. Better questions lead to better results for everyone.
- Be A Person – We are people not robots. Its ok to be who you are at work. Its ok to joke and have fun and we encourage everyone to develop friendly professional relationships with clients and each other. “Being Professional” doesn’t mean being made of stone.
How We Work
- We set our own hours
- We communicate internally and externally to clients through Slack and Video
- We have weekly all-hands meetings to keep each other accountable
- We make ourselves available to each other when needed.
- We use tools like: ahrefs, semrush, screaming frog, buzzstream
What we don’t do
- We don’t micromanage so being confident in asking questions and being a self-starter is vital.
- We don’t clock-watch. You set your hours but, if you say youre going to do something or be somewhere, we expect you stick to your word.
- We don’t deliver half-done work.
- We don’t point blame if things go wrong.
- We don’t wait for things to go right, we make it happen.
What we offer
- Freedom to work from anywhere
- 10 days off over Christmas (Dec 24th to Jan 3rd – minimum)
- Birthdays off
- $30 p/h
- Access to multiple online trainings
- Option for full-time work in the next 3 months.
You should NOT apply if;
- You have not written or editing content before
- You are looking for a slower paced environment
- You are not fluent in reading and speaking English
- You like to be told what to do and have a set schedule. In SaaS marketing things can change fast and sometimes a routine isn’t possible.
- You dont like to learn new things or read and learn for professional or personal development.
- You are not comfortable working as a consultant (instead of an employee)